Wake County, North Carolina is notorious for its DWI checkpoints. Recently, checkpoints have been stationed at the following locations:
– Cary, NC at Chapel Hill Road and NE Maynard Road on November 22, 2013
– Raleigh, NC at Six Forks Road and I-440, on November 8, 2013
– Raleigh, NC in the Lake Park Area, on October 5, 2013
– Wake Forest, NC on Jones Dairy Road, on October 5, 2013
– Zebulon, NC on N Carolina 96 and Cunningham Road, on October 4, 2013
Remember that sobriety checkpoints are presumptively unconstitutional, unless the state is able to prove that the officers devising the checkpoint plan and carrying it out adhered to very strict criteria. Rarely is a checkpoint plan carried out without running afoul of the constitution. Know your rights and hire an attorney who will fight for them if you are ever charged with a DWI following at a sobriety checkpoint (or anywhere).
Raleigh DWI lawyer Ben Hiltzheimer is a criminal defense attorney in Raleigh, North Carolina, who represents individuals charged with DWIs and the full spectrum of misdemeanors and felonies. Contact us for a free, confidential consultation and case evaluation at (919) 727-9227.